REBEL NATION

UNLV Runnin' Rebel Basketball

Thursday, January 28, 2010

MCL Sprain for DJAS

I first heard the news last night during the BYU at New Mexico telecast on the Mtn. where they stated that DJas is out 5 weeks. (http://unlvrebels.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012710aaa.html). That basically puts him back around conference tournament time. Like we said in our previous post, people need to step up - especially Kendo.

Also, lately there has been a lot of hating on Chop Jones. I appreciated the comments made by Kevin Kruger on ESPN 1100 last night. Chop hustles his tail off and only averages around 11 minutes a game. I don't mind Chop in the game at all because you know what you are going to get. He'll play his tail off on D and won't turn the ball over. My only issue is when we put Kendo, Chop and Marshall on the floor together. It seems to me that this is when we have a real hard time scoring and when the opposition makes a lot of runs. Just my opinion though. I'm sure Kruger has his reasons. Hard to question a man that the Atlanta Hawks paid millions to for his basketball knowledge.

Later,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment